The Simplex Automatic FuelPort is a factory packaged system for control of filling operations of aboveground tanks that are filled from pumper trucks. The Automatic FuelPort provides a ready means of ground level connection of the fill hose, and captures spills that may occur at the fill point during filling operations. The Automatic FuelPort alerts the operator at the Tank Full level with filling operations locked out at High Fuel level. A leak detection circuit prevents filling of leaking tanks. Visual and audible level and leak alarms and continuous level indication are provided.
The Simplex Automatic FuelPort is available for use with fuel oil (Class-II liquids) or gasoline (Class-I liquids).
How it works:
1. Delivery truck arrives and driver proceeds to Automatic FuelPort to make fuel delivery.
2. Connect ground cable.
3. Unlock fill box and control box.
4. Turn on controller.
5. Read fuel level in tank on level indicator gauge.
6. Connect delivery hose to hose coupling.
7. Open valve on truck.
8. Start delivery pump on truck.
9. Press “valve open” pushbutton on controller.
10. Automatic FuelPort valve opens.
11. Fuel is delivered to tank.
12. At Tank Full level, audible and visual alarm activates and alerts driver.
13. Driver may stop delivery by depressing “valve close” pushbutton and proceed to step #16.
14. Driver tops off to High Fuel level.
15. At High Fuel level, audible and visual alarm activates and Automatic FuelPort valve closes (valve may not be reopened).
16. Stop fill pump.
17. Drain delivery hose.
18. Close truck valve.
19. Disconnect delivery hose from Automatic FuelPort.
20. Turn controller off.
21. Close and lock Automatic FuelPort doors.
22. Proceed to next delivery, where, hopefully, the owner has had the foresight to install a Simplex Automatic FuelPort.