• water-cooled load bank system
• 50-2500kw, to 600vac, to 250vdc
• compact, space-efficient design
• totally quiet operation
• suitable for use with chilled-water systems
• digital control
the simplex lbw-series comprises a line of water-cooled load banks, 50-2500kw, to 600vac, 250vdc.
the lbw-series is an attractive alternative to air-cooled load banks: it is perfectly quiet and cool running; it is extremely compact and may be installed in otherwise unutilized space; it is virtually maintenance free.
the lbw-series is more reliable and maintenance free than a comparable air-cooled load bank due to two principle factors:
1. The water-cooled unit can be installed indoors in a controlled environment versus an outdoor installation which is exposed to the elements.
2. The water-cooled load bank operates at much lower temperatures than an air-cooled unit.
although high in unit cost than a comparable air-cooled load bank, the water-cooled unit can be significantly less costly to install. The water-cooled unit may require far less connection cable/conduit since it can be installed indoors, possibly nearer to the power source.
the lbw-series is ideal for installation in buildings in central-city areas, industrial parks or office complexes where an outdoor air-cooled load bank would be architecturally obtrusive or impossible to install due to space restrictions.
the lbw-series consists of an assembly of high-pressure load cells in a structural steel tubing frame, clad with steel panels. Coolant flow is via intake and exhaust manifolds with feeder lines to each load cell. Coolant flow is controlled by a main electrically operated valve.