TVWS-80 is a state-of-the-art embedded OFDM SISO (Single Stream) Wireless Broadband radio transceiver for the 470-790 MHz band. It is a member of large family of form factor compatible modules in different frequencies spanning from 400-1200 MHz. It contains all the digital and anologue/RF functions packed in a compact miniPCI size to simplify the system integration.
The TVWS transceiver can support 80 MHz wide band with channel steps of 5 MHz. The band center frequency is factory hardware configured. Because TV channels are either 6/7/8 MHz wide, each TVWS transceiver is suitable for one fixed channel application. Additionally, in many parts of the world there are stringent regulatory emission mask requirements for this band. These regulatory requirements limit the TVWS module use for high volume Industrial projects. Please contact Doodle Labs to discuss the requirements for your project
- Best-in-class radio performance with high throughput, spectral efficiency, advanced RF interference mitigation and resistance to multi-path fading for Near Line of Sight (NrLOS) performance.
- High Tx power to maintain distortion free signal (low EVM) to maintain lowest packet errors to maximize data throughput at higher data modulation.
- Integrated LNA to achieve better Rx sensitivity and SNR.
- Advanced filtering techniques to achieve high interference immunity.
- Self-adapting OFDM modulation rates to maintain optimal link performance under different operating conditions.
- An extensive family of form factor compatible radio modules in all frequencies spanning 400-1200 MHz.
- 128 bit AES encryption for over the air data security
- Simple System Integration with commercially available components.
- Proven compatibility with OpenWrt and many other 3rd party software stack
- Open Source ath5k Linux Kernel driver
- Designed and Verified to meet various regulatory requirements.
- Form factor compatibility with many embedded SBC (Single Board Computers).
- High quality design ensures durability in harsh operating environments