New Innovation in Lighting solutions.
- The lighting efficiency of the new high power led light bulbs is more than eight times that of incandescent lights, and twice as high as compact fluorescent lights. Led bulbs also emit a much higher percentage of light in the desired direction. This makes them even more efficient compared to either incandescent or fluorescent for multi -task lighting, Tube lights , reading lights, spotlights, flood lights, and Street /track lighting.
- Led lights also generate very little unwanted heat. The energy savings may be doubled in air-conditioned environments where each watt of incandescent lighting can add another watt or more to the power needed for air conditioning.
- Led lighting instantly acheives full brightness with no warm up time.
- Fluorescent lights are dim when first turned on, and get brighter as they warm up. Depending on the temperature and the age of the lamp, they can take a long time to warm up. If it is cold enough they will not warm up at all. Led lights always start at full brightness.
The Specific Benefits of LED Light
- Energy efficiency .
- Long life.
- Rugged durability.
- Lumens per wat.
- The light bulbs burn very cool, while incandescent bulbs emit 98 percent of their energy as heat! Much more bang for the buck.
- These lights can last from 50,000 to 100,000 hours. Incandescent light bulbs typically last around 1,000 hours and fluorescents are good for roughly 10,000 hours.
- LED lights have no fragile filament to contend with, and no fragile tube. They are resistant to heat, cold, and shock.
While manufacturers are still finding new ways to increase this ratio, Cree Inc. has been able to produce an LED bulb that generates 131 lumens/watt. This is research, though. Today¿s available LEDs are the same as compact florescent bulbs, averaging around 55.
Why Choose LED Lighting?
- The LED advantage: LED (light emitting diodes) are solid state technology and offers the most efficient (energy savings) form of lighting available. In comparison to conventional incandescent light bulbs, LEDs can be equated at approximately 7 to 8 time equivalence. For example, a 3 watt LED can produce as much illumination as a 20 watt incandescent light bulb.
- On average, LEDs last 3 to 5 times longer than fluorescents and 20 to 30 times longer than incandescent
- LED lamps allow less maintenance costs, lower heating and utility costs and reduces the need for higher rated cable, transformers and electrical components.
- LED lamps are very resilient, shock and vibration proof and virtually waterproof.
- LEDs are smaller and more compact and provide more light output per square inch than any other light source.
- LED lamps produce very little heat and no UV rays, making them safer to handle and safer to use. Ideal for sensitive fabrics/paintings.
- LEDs are not sensitive to extreme temperatures (unlike fluorescent).
- Solid state LEDs can be controlled with a processor to achieve unique lighting effects.
- LEDs are available in cool white, warm white and multiple colors.
- LEDs draw (on average) about 1/10th the power of today¿s conventional lighting, providing new alternative solutions to conventional energy saving lamps. LEDs are the most environmentally friendly lamp technology.
- Along with Fluorescent bulbs, LED technology is the future of lighting. It can reduce many types of pollution and meet the need for the continued world wide energy demand