Copper nickel ( cupro nickel ) uses
Because of their properties, cu-ni alloys have a variety of applications. Table 20 gives a broad overview. Their use is determined by:
1. Good processing characteristics to semi-fabrications and to finished parts in all forms, dimensions and strengths by hot and cold working and by casting;
2. In many cases, the attractive light colour of alloys containing more than 15% ni;
3. Good mechanical properties both a low and elevated temperatures;
4. Special physical properties, e.G. High electric resistivity and its low temperature coefficient;
5. Good corrosion resistance and wear resistance;
6. High security against stress corrosion cracking and corrosion fatigue.