Like pipeline borosilicate glass Column Components find universal application throughout the worlds chemical, pharmaceutical, food and drink and allied industries where the advantages of using glass as a basis for the construction of complete process systems has long been recognized.
- With almost universal resistance to corrosion, a long service life is guaranteed and maintenance is kept to a minimum.
- Their transparency permits constant visual monitoring of the process at all times.
- Being inert, the risk of contamination is negligible.
- Smooth surface allow easy cleaning and sterilization and prevent the build-up of solids on the inner walls.
- In many unit operations such as reaction, extraction and absorption, the transparency factor of glass column components is a particular advantage. As an example, colour changes in reaction processes are easily monitored, droplet separation in extraction processes can be observed unhindered and constant visual monitoring of hydraulic performance in packed columns is possible. The complete range of column components is described on the following pages. All column components have standard flat buttress end connections. DN refers to the nominal bore. Unless otherwise stated, all dimensions are given in mm. For permissible operating conditions, unless otherwise stated in the individual descriptions, please see Chapter 1- Technical Information. For SUPERCOATED item add a suffix C to the standard catalogue. Therefore a SGCS 150 / 1000 becomes a SGCS 150 / 1000 C.