Cold Wire Feeders are primarily used for gas tungsten arc welding (TIG) and plasma arc welding (PAW). They can also be used in other applications where a controlled feed of wire is required such as a brazing operation.
Cold wire feeding is used in the welding process for four purposes:
- To add "fill" to a weld joint. The wire is used to fill a chamfered weld preparation or to add reinforcement for a butt weld.
- To enhance or preserve the metallurgical integrity of the weld metal by selecting the wire type to add the required elements to the weld or to replace those which are lost as a result of the welding operation.
- To control the weld pool by the chilling action of the wire, especially in out-of-position weld applications. The chilling effect reduces the weld pool size for easier control.
- To provide the fi ll for an overlay or cladding operation. The wire can be selected to provide the desired properties for the application.
- All Jetline wire feeders are suitable for any of the above applications. The standard CWF-50 is competitively priced and provides smooth, consistent wire feed for almost all types of welding wire, both hard and soft. The CWF-20C precision model is available for demanding applications where wire feed speed accuracy is critical.
A Jetline cold wire feeder consists of the following elements:
- Wire Feedhead and spool holder
- 9629 Microprocessor Controller
- WGP-1 Wire Guide Positioner Assembly
- Optional items are available including:
- Pulsed Wire Feed
- Wire Feed Accessory Kits
- Protective Spool Cover
- Motorized Wire Guide Positioner
- Compact Wire Guide Positioner