Firestop panels effectively seal medium to large openings with a variety of penetrants in fire-rated floors and walls.
· FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Lighter and thinner - approximately 1/2 the weight and thickness of traditional composite sheet.
• Easier to fabricate - engineered with the installer in mind.
• Can be cut and installed with common sheet metal tools.
• Intumescent - expands up to 15 times when exposed to temperatures in excess of 350°F (177°C) compared to 8-10 times for competing brands. Forms a dense insulative char that minimizes heat transfer.
• Hole reduction - reduces large openings when used in conjunction with other SpecSeal® or EZ-Path® Firestop Products.
• Tested to ASTM E 814 (ANSI/UL 1479).
• Acoustically tested - reduces sound transmission.
Medium to large size openings with a variety of different penetrants in fire resistant floors and walls.
• Cable trays.
• Plastic pipes.
• Insulated metallic pipes.
• Metal pipes.
• Blank openings.