The light sleeve is a semi-translucent sleeve that readily fits over a new or an existing fluorescent tube, finely balanced to allow minimal lumen loss from the lamp during normal operation, yet maximising available usable light in the event of a black-out. It can also be used to establish an escape route during the same.
· Fail-safe, environment friendly hollow tube.
· Encases standard T8 and T12 fluorescent lamps.
· It is held in place by end caps.
· It is a blend of polymers, photo luminescent pigments and, binding and suspension agents.
· Consists of UV light inhibitors.
· Absorbs energy from the fluorescent light.
· Projects light onto all the surfaces in case of a black-out.
· Mines and tunnels
· Rail carriages and subway systems.
· Oil and gas platforms.
· Commercial and military shipping
· Car parks.
· Low initial cost, no on-going costs and no maintenance.
· No mains power source needed and no wiring needed.
· Quick and easy installation
· Automatic and instant activation
· Areas kept laminated under all conditions.
· Environment friendly and non-toxic.
· Qualifies as a glass containment device
· Provides protection to the fluorescent light tubes.