- Output voltage: 3.3V, 5V, 12V and adjustable output version
- Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.23V to 18V+4%
- 150KHz +15% fixed switching frequency
- Voltage mode non-synchronous PWM control
- Thermal-shutdown and current-limit protection
- ON/OFF shutdown control input
- Operating voltage can be up to 22V
- Output load current: 2A
- SOP-8L packages
- Low power standby mode
- Built-in switching transistor on chip
- Moisture Sensitivity Level 3
SOP8 & SOP8PP
The TJ1509A series are monolithic IC designed for a step-down DC/DC converter, and own the ability of driving a 2A load without additional transistor component. Due to reducing the number of external component, the board space can be saved easily. The external shutdown function can be controlled by logic level and then come into standby mode.
The internal compensation makes feedback control have good line and load regulation without external design. Regarding protected function, thermal shutdown is to prevent over temperature operating from damage, and current limit is against over current operating of the output switch. If current limit function occurred and VFB is down to 0.5V below, the switching frequency will be reduced.
The TJ1509A series operates at a switching frequency of 150KHz thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators. Other features include a guaranteed +4% tolerance on output voltage under specified input voltage and output load conditions, and +15% on the oscillator frequency.