Dirty fuel is a fact of life. Even with the development of cleaner-burning fuels, Contaminants are still a major concern when it comes to fuel systems.
Baldwin Filters offers more than 650 different fuel filters, fuel managers, Coalescers and fuel/water separators to protect your engine.
Baldwin fuel filters protect sensitive fuel system components, such as injection pumps and injectors, from damaging contaminants, which include:
- Water — destroys lubricative properties of your fuel, damaging fuel system components and resulting in fuel flow stoppage at cold temperatures.
- Fungus and Bacteria — plug fuel filters, feed on hydrocarbons and spread rapidly in the presence of moisture.
- Precipitates (non-combustible materials) — settle out of the fuel causing few problems.
- Particulates (black, tar-like contaminants) — plug fuel filters quickly.
- Wax — adds energy to diesel fuel; however, during cold weather, wax thickens and gels – slowing or stopping fuel flow