Hob sharpener Klingelnberg GW30 completely overhauled, controlled by control panel ESA.
The longitudinal feed of grinding wheel and the dividing table/helix anre controlled by CNC, dresser increase and its feed are electric (controlled by PLC). The grinding wheel is manually orientated with hydraulic locking/unlocking, the positioning on the bottom of the cutting edge is manual and the cutting edge touching is made with an electronic hand wheel.
An hydraulic anti-backlash system was mounted on the dividing table.
The sharpening cycle is extremely easy, it works like a completely mechanical machine works and it requires no programming knowledge:
- Insert hob data in the control panel
- The panel shows the orientation angle of the grinding wheel and
- Move the grinding wheel on the oscillation limits and the control panel acquire their position
- Move the grinding wheel on the bottom of the cutting edge
- Touch the cutting edge
- Start the sharpening cycle
The sharpening cycle is divided into 3 different steps: roughing, finishing and spark-out. Dresser, it's number of cut for every dressing and its increase are managed in the sharpening cycle. In every step is possible to choose the total removal and the number of cuts (that can be changed even during the cycle).
It's possible to exclude the dresser to use CBN grinding wheels.