Tekna’s plasma spray coating system design is ideal for achieving thin or near-net shape deposition under controlled atmosphere. (more information on coatings)
The vacuum thermal spray coating chamber is water-cooled with a double wall, highly polished, stainless steel interior. The unit is designed to operate with non-corrosive gas. The chamber, which is mounted horizontally is equipped with a hinged front door, a fixed back door, a top opening for the mounting of the RF plasma torch, a bottom port for gas exhaust, and two quartz observation windows.
A versatile 3 axis robotized manipulator moves and rotates the substrate below the plasma discharge under positive pressure or vacuum environments:
- Lateral translation over given stroke at a variable speed.
- Rotation around its horizontal axis with a variable speed.
- Vertical translation allowing for the adjustment of the substrate.
* High density coating up to 99 %
* High purity
* Deposition efficiency up to 90%
* 3-axis displacement system
* Highly polished internal surface
* Overspray powder collection system
* Safety relief pressure device
* Supersonic and subsonic coating ability