The use of the HydroScope will lead to a reduction in press trials. It offers an enhanced capability in problem solving.
It enables the operator to look at a great number of variables:
- the speed of emulsification
- the maximum amount of water uptake
- tack at saturation point
- tack decay
- the effect of free water
- the ability of the emulsion to release water
- tack recovery, -torque and viscosity related date
- ink fly of emulsified ink
- the effect of different ink
- changes in rheology formulations on ink/water balance as function of emulsification
The instrument is very easy to operate by command inputs through a user-friendly man – machine interface. The software offers a comparison of data against standard inks or founts, zoom functions, export to excel, standard test protocols and the option to fully automate the test.