Versatile Paperboard & Carton Testing
The 1270 PCA measures the force to open or bend paperboard and scored paper carton. Force data is vital for accurately configuring machinery that controls cartons on form, fill and seal lines and to analyze carton performance for runnability and quality control.
The ability to predetermine settings in the production of cartons can increase overall efficiency. Maintaining identical package specifications between the producer and the packager has also shown to be of mutual benefit for increasing savings in less reworks, rejects and down-time. The 1270 PCA also measures spring back after folding providing critical information for sealing or gluing operations.
Opening Force: Measures the maximum force required to open a flat folded carton along score lines.
Bending Force: An optional bending fixture measures the maximum force to bend a carton sample up to 90 degrees. Measure bending stiffness, score ratio of scored vs unscored paperboard and carton fold springback force.
Coefficient of Friction (COF): Model 1270 PCA includes necessary software to measure static and kinetic coefficient of friction.
- Software Includes:
- Opening Force, Bending Force & COF Test Modes
- Statistics include average, high, low and standard deviation
- Spring Back of Fold Test
- Score ratio test mode of scored vs unscored paperboard
- Test result and curve data for PC interface
- Optional Data Acquisition Software Program
- Auto-zero & Semi-automatic calibration
- Automatic return with overload protection
- RS-232 interface