- The excitation systems with enforced air cooling are a complex of equipment required and sufficient for power supply to excitation winding of generator with automatically adjusted rectified current in all modes of operation.
- Excitation systems are supplied as three large assembly units:
– Thyristor converting unit UP;
– Input excitation board (DC) SVV;
– Converter transformer TU.
- All cabinets included in UP are installed in the main frame and connected with one another through power lines and secondary commutation lines.
- Converter unit has one thyristor converter, consisting of several parallel-connected roll-out valve sections (VS) with enforced air cooling, microprocess control system of excitation (SMSUV) and power input cabinet AC SSV. Number of SV is defined by the rated current of excitation system.