Flaking Rolls are used for flaking various oil seeds prior to solvent extraction and expelling. Smaller seeds, e.g. rapeseed, mustard, linseed, sesame, poppyseeds, sunflower and cottonseed may be directly fed to the Flaking Rolls. Larger seeds, e.g. soyabeans, palm kernels and copra require cracking prior to flaking. For this purpose we recommend our Seed Breaking Rolls.
Our current production models are:
MODEL SFR-4 one pair rolls of 400 mm dia x 1000/1250 mm length
MODEL SFR-6 one pair rolls of 600 mm dia x 1000/1250 mm length
MODEL SFR-7 one pair rolls of 700 mm dia x 1350 mm length
Salient features of our Flakers are:
- All steel fabricated heavy and rigid frame which is heaviest in its class.
- Heavy duty self aligning double row, spherical roller bearings which are the largest bearings in the industry for the particular size.
- Largest roller shafts in the industry.
- Adjustable roll moves back and forth to flaking position in heavy duty square bearing housings with extra large bearing surfaces.
- Easy access to rolls, scrapper, saddle plates and all areas around the feeder.
- Convenient roll removal with bearing housing from front and back. Rolls may be lifted vertically from frames, if desired.
- Adjustable safety device for preventing the rolls striking.
- Largest hydraulic cylinders for roll pressure.
- Hydraulic Power pack with motor and pressure switch etc.
- Independent electric motor drive for each roll, through heavy duty ‘V’ Belts arranged for differential roll speed, complete with belt tensioning arrangement and belt guards.
- Superior Belleville disc type springs provide max. service life and are sized to reduce shock to rolls, journals and bearings.
- Feeder roll with groove is driven through an independent 0.5 H.P. geared motor. One adjustable feed gate is also provided to control the feed. Optional variable magnetic vibratory feeder with feed rate adjustment through thyristor controller can be supplied.
Production Capacity of our Flakers in TPD with flake thickness 0.25/0.30 mm 10%
400 x 1000
400 x 1250
600 x 1000
600 x 1250
700 x 1350
Recommended HP for Roll drive
Cracked and condi-tioned soyabeans
Cracked Palm Kernels