Pocket sized Optical Power Datacom Meter, -60 5 dBm,
- Pocket class: Rugged, compact and lightweight
- Easy-to-use, straight forward operation
- Reliable basic functionality for most economical testing
- Three year calibration period
- Dedicated for all single mode and multi-mode applications like LAN, Telecom, CATV, and DWDM testing
- Universal push pull interface (2.5 or 1.25 mm)
- Twintest and Auto-λ
- Compact design, versatile use
- Standard AA batteries or NiMH/NiCd cells
JDSU OLP-5 Series Shown
Three-button operation and a bright, clear display make the pocket-sized OLPs very easy-to-use. The reference level for the attenuation measurement is made to IEC-874-1 (method 6) and can be saved with a single keystroke.
Used with an JDSU OLS light source, the possibility of measurement errors is eliminated because the power meter automatically detects the wavelength being transmitted. As a result, dual wave-length measurements at 850 and 1300 nm or 1310 and 1550 nm can be made quickly and easily, using the saved reference levels.
Pocket-sized OLPs can be used with an JDSU light source to detect the modulation frequency of the light coupled into the fiber, for identification purpose
There are three OLPs available with different power ranges. The OLP-5 is dedicated to LAN/multimode or single mode applications. The OLP-6 covers mostly the standard telecom applications, while the OLP-8 is dedicated to higher power applications like CATV networks, DWDM systems and EDFA testing.
The instruments, which all take standard AA (Mignon) batteries or rechargeable batteries, are supplied in a robust case with a handy belt bag. The selectable on/off power-down shuts off automatically after 20 minutes. Whenever the on/off key is pressed the remaining battery capacity is displayed. Operating time is further maximized by the use of low-power components.