VcnexFTH 524S is a 24+2G high-performance smart Layer 2 optical Ethernet switch that provides an ideal solution for fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) and fiber-to-the-desk (FTTD), and for the applications where the environmental conditions exceed the reach of CAT5 copper cable. The VcnexFTH 524S offers twenty-four 100Base-FX ports or a mixture of twelve 100Base-FX ports and twelve 10/100Base-TX ports, and two 10/100/1000Base-TX or optional SFP 1000Base-X ports for flexibility and fast connection speeds. The standard design with a 19-inch rack-mount width and a 1U height gives the highest port (SC connectors) density of optical Ethernet switches on the market. VcnexFTH 524S manual-driven configuration console allows administrators to easily setup the switch using a standard RS-232 port.
- Non-blocking store-and-forward shared-memory architecture with an 8.8Gbps switching capacity and an efficient self-learning and address recognition mechanism enables the forwarding rate to proceed at a full wire speed.
- A mixture configuration of copper and fiber ports to meet the requirement of various applications, such as FTTx, optical LAN, Ethernet based DCS and security surveillant system, etc..
- 6K address table for auto-learned unicast or static unicast/multicast addresses.
- 7 trunk groups of up to 4 member ports within 26 ports with flexible load distribution control and fail-over function.
- Static priority and 802.1p Class of Service with 2-level priority.
- 802.3x flow control for a full-duplex mode and collision-based backpressure for a half-duplex mode.
- Port-based VLAN and 802.1Q tag-based VLAN with 255 VLAN groups.
- Head of Line (HOL) blocking prevention
- By-port Egress/Ingress bandwidth management control.
- Broadcast storm filtering.