Seam Welding Machines Offered in 50 to 200 KVA capacity, available in longitudnal / circumferential and universal versions. Percision built, sturdy design and robust construction suitable for high production and uninterrupted service in the manufacturing of drums, barrels, silence, fuel tanks, transformer radiator, water heater & auto rims, etc.
These machines are always made to specific customer requirement with highly sophisticated & leak proof joints.
Standard Rating :
50,75,100,150 and 200 KVA
The main frame of the machine is of heavy rigidly re-inforced & robust welded steel construction. It combines a compact streamlined appearance with maximum resistance to mechanical deflection. The welding transformer is enclosed in the main frame and is easily accessible, for inspection.
STANDARD THROAT DEPTHS (mm) :
280, 460 & 600 (other throat available on request)
Normal Working Height :
WELDING TRANSFORMER :
Transformer of a special type, water cooled, having core of high grade electrical steel, primary and secondary coils of solid electrolytic copper of ample section, heavy duty class ‘F’ insulated, impregnated and tropicalised suitable for withstanding continuous temperature of 140º C.
CURRENT CONTROL :
Transformer primary coils provided with taps brought out to tap change links for adjustment for welding current in a 6 step from 50 to 100%. Tap change links are enclosed behind machine door and are easily accessible for variation of welding heat.
COOLING SYSTEM :
Transformer, secondary connections, arms and electrode wheels are water cooled. Internet water cooling piping with flow adjusting values for each circuit and discharge to an open drain pot for visual observation of flow are provided in the machine.
Circular disc type top and bottom welding Electrodes.
ELECTRODE CONTROL SYSTEM :
Upper electrode is actuated by hand lever to provide electrode force.
ELECTRONIC CONTROLS :
Seam welders are provided with solid-state electronic controls housed in a well-designed sheet steel cabinet. The standard design of the cabinet is suitable for mounting it on the sidewall of the machine; floor mounting shall also be provided a request. The control knobs and panel are elegantly arranged, provided maximum convenience to the operator. The front panel is protected from misuse by providing a transparent guard door. All internal wiring is easily accessible for servicing. The circuit design is versatile enough for almost all type of requirements and consists of the following facilities.
- A squeeze time control to select the delay between initiation of the foot switch and the start of the weld. Timing is adjustable from 2-25 cycles, continuous
- Synchronous (digital) timing control of 1-9 cycles “ON” and 0-9 cycles “OFF” both in steps of one cycles each.
- Heat control circuit based on phase shifted firing of thyristors which enable continuous adjustment of current between 10% to 100% of then value available from welding transformer.
- High power switches device consisting of 2 Thyristors connected in inverse parallel mounted on water-cooled heatsinks. The sizes of the thyristors are chosen to watch the KVA of the transformer and the devices are of ample capacity to withstand momentary overloads. Protection devices for high voltage surges and a thermoswitch (for inhibiting the operation if the temperature of the thyristor pad rises above a preset limit) are incorporated.
- Hold time to provide a delay between stoppage of weld and separation of electrode wheels. Range of adjustment is 1-9.