Construction Of Tape Wound/Resin Cast Current Transformers
Voltamp Current Transformers are made from high magnetic performance prime C. R. G. O. Silicon Electrical Steel. The performance of the core is checked to meet final parameters such as ratio, rating and accuracy. The current transformer is finally completed by placing PVC washers on top and bottom and then taped closely with polyester film and polyvinyl chloride tape. Proper lugs are provided on secondary terminals with S1 and S2 markings. For resin cast ct's wound ct is moulded in epoxy/polyester resin. Anodised/Printed name plate slipped within outer tape mentioning specifications and P1, P2 direction.
Suitable for Ammeters, Wattmeters, Power Factor meters and Protective Relays. In addition to the above we can offer current transformers to your requirement with various combinations of ratios, burden accuracy class and type subject to technical feasibility.
Suggested Burden Guide :
- Moving Iron Ammeters 1. 5 VA to 5 VA
- Recording Ammeters 2 VA to 10 VA
- Recording Thermal Demand Wattmeters 0. 7 VA to 1. 4 VA
- KWH Meters 0. 3 VA to 0. 6 VA
- Thermal Demand Ammeters 3 VA
- Thermal Maximum Demand Ammeters 4 VA to 8 VA
- Cable 7/029 5 AMP secondary 0. 05 VA/ft
- Cable 7/029 1 AMP secondary 0. 002 VA/ft
Directions For Use:
- The secondary circuit of the transformer must be grounded. Make sure that secondary circuit is never opened while current is flowing in primary windings, otherwise dangerous high voltage will result. The grounding of secondary circuit eliminates error due to accumulation of electrostatic charges on the instrument
- Secondary winding should he short circuited end the line voltage should be cut when changing instruments or when not in use
- For the primary winding, to which the line of voltage is directly applied, use a wire insulated well enough to withstand the specified maximum line voltage
For more information refer to the attached file.