The GSM socket is essentially a large power strip with built-in intelligence. You plug the GSM socket into your site power, and then connect to the device. Next, program your mobile number into the GSM socket where you need to reach the PDU for a remote server reboot by command. By doing this you are now setup to establish a remote server reboot simply by are now setup to establish a remote server reboot simply calling into the GSM power switch from anywhere in the world and reboot your equipment when it freezes or has any other simple issues.
The GSM Rebooter is powered by the built in 12v DC power supply inside the cabinet where is gets the power from the AC mains. There is an on-board battery backup that allows the unit to send a text message to your mobile phone should there ever be a power failure, if power is lost it will send the following message “Power Down” when power is restored the follow message “Power Restored”
The remote power socket has a mains AC power socket that the equipment to be powered and controlled is plugged into and an AC power supply cable that plug into an AC mains supply outlet. The unit is supplied with a universal power outlet that will accept UK, EU and USA plugs.
Additionally, the remote power socket will be supplied with a backup battery. This is important deployed in environments that must operate on battery backup power most or all of the time. You simply can't afford to have a power hog in those kinds of environments.
• Simple to install, no hard wiring required.
• Quad band so will work anywhere in the world that has a GSM cell / mobile phone network
• GSM module uses a high sensitivity with built in high gain antenna.
• Capable of switching up to 20 Amps @ 240VAC/28VDC and 30 Amps @ 240VAC/28VDC
• Multi country AC power outlet will accept UK, EU and USA plugs.
• High capacity 7.2V lithium battery backup enables auto reporting of power failures.
• GSM network status LED indicator.
• Switch power on or off with a simple SMS text message.
• Reboot (power cycle) with a Call or simple SMS text message, configurable 'off' time.
• Automatic reporting by SMS text message of changes in the power status.
• No geographical limits.
• Password protected.
• Not locked to any network so it can be used with any GSM network provider.
• Control Interface: Call or SMS text messages
• GSM frequency MHz: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 - Quad band
• On Board Power Supply: Input 100V to 240V ac, Output 12V DC @ 1 Amp
• Battery Backup: Lithium 7.2V 1800mA
• Operating Temperature: -40°C to +85°C (ETSI Class C)
• Maximum Power To Be Controlled: NC: 20A@240VAC/28VDC NO: 30A@240VAC/28VDC
• Dimensions: 200 x 120 x 60mm
• Weight: 800g