* Seeds nitrifying bacteria
* Prevents new tank syndrome
* Maintains biological filter
* Safe for fish, invertebrates, and plants
28002 2 oz
28004 4 oz
28008 8 oz
28016 16 oz
1. For initial setup: add 2 teaspoons (10 ml) per 10 gallons of aquarium water.
2. For weekly maintenance: add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) per 10 gallons of aquarium water.
3. When introducing new fish: add 1 teaspoon (5ml) per 10 gallons of aquarium water.
4. For water or filter changes: add 1 teaspoon (5ml) per 10 gallons aquarium water.
WHAT IS SEEDING AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? Seeding is the presence of micro-organisms which oxidize biodegradable organic matter. Seeding is initiated by adding micro-organisms and nitrobacteria into aquarium water. In a closed system, toxic nitrogen based waste cannot be removed effectively without bacteria. Therefore, it is essential to add bacteria to begin the biological filtration which treats organic wastes such as uneaten food, dead plants and fish, and invertebrate excretions. Regular partial water changes will also help keep nitrate levels manageable.
1. Remove chlorine using Won NO CHLORINE before adding Bact Seed to aquarium.
2. Add NO PARAICH F after treating water with Bact Seed to increase starting animal load capacity.