* 115 Volt, 60 hz
* pl type uv lamp (g23)
* high quality quartz sleeve
* safe for inhabitant
* kills algae, parasites, harmful bacteria
* 10 feet power cable
* elliptical lens to check the uv lamp status
* ideal for saltwater, freshwater, pond
important to know
1. When the quartz sleeve gets dirty with any sludge build up, it must be kept clean to maximize the efficiency of uv light.
2. In case of controlling parasites, prolong the exposure time of water to the uv light. It can be accomplished by lowering flow rate of water.
3. Uv sterilizer would be connected to a suitable filter device to trap any suspended particles that can be attached on the quartz sleeve.
4. Replace an uv bulb when lamp effectiveness declines with time. It is recommended to replace uv bulb (lamp) every 6 months.
5. This uv sterilizer can be used for saltwater, freshwater aquarium and pond.
6. Maximum aquarium size is calculated by uv dosage that kills free-floating algae and bacteria at 30,000 pw/cm2 and tank turn over of 3 to 4 times per hour.
7. Maximum pond size is calculated by uv dosage that can algae blooms and / or kill all the algae but not all the parasites in the pond.
volts / hz 115 volt / 60 hz
power 11 watt
uv bulb type g23 pl type
adapter size, inlet, outlet 5/8", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4"
max. Aquarium size 75 gallons
max. Pond size 1200 gallons
flow rate (gph) algae & bacteria 225 - 300 gph
parasites 75 - 100 gph
recommended pump aquarium 500 - 600 gph
pond 700 - 900 gph
uv housing 3 1/8"
attach the uv lamp according to the steps listed in "product maintenance and lamp replacement"
place the "o" ring on the inlet / outlet and screw on the two screws on the water inlet / outlet tightly (fig a)
connect plastic tube to the water inlet / outlet tightly. The tube with an inner diameter 1" or 1. 25" is suitable to be connected. Please ensure the tube is connected tightly.
if you choose method 1 or 2 ( horizontal or vertical (hook positioned upward)): you must screw two holders to the place where you mount the unit.