FOB Price : Get Price
For MARINE & REEF aquarium :
Up to 75 gallon ( Model# CU-75)
Up to 125gallon (Model# CU-125)
- Hang-on or In sump use
- Removable large waste collection cup
- Adjustable water outlet
- Gives more contact time
- Easy to adjust water level
- Real venturi injector to maintain the uniform
and fine air bubbles
- Lowers pollutant concentrations
- Removes dissolved organic compound
- Fully ozone compatible
- Attached air bubble elimination device to the outlet
- Constructed with acrylic
What is a PROTEIN SKIMMER and its function?
* A protein skimmer is a mechanical device that removes dissolved organic compounds and particles from the water by separating foam which is created by the mixing of air and salt water.
* The dissolved organic compounds and particles make up the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, color, turbidity, odor, B.O.D, phosphate, taste, etc in the aquarium water. Protein skimming will remove the following pollutants from the water that are not normally removed by other forms of filtration: food particles, feces, dissolved organic material, free floating algae, silica, amino acids, phosphate, hydrocarbons, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, carbonates bicarbonates, dyes, enzymes, detergents, iodine, some of metal ions, protozoa, and bacteria.
* It lowers pollutant concentrations before they break down into ammonia.
* Be aware, protein foam skimming also removes valuable trace elements and nutrients.
* However, protein foam skimming is one of the most important and useful methods to maintain a healthy environment for fish, invertebrates and coral.
* The skimmer should be switched off for several hours after you do any of the following to your tank:
1. Add trace elements.
2. Add medication.
3. Feed any suspended invertebrate food.
1. Select a location for the skimmer; in-sump or hang on tank
2. Securely install skimmer in desired location.
3. Plug in power cord of pump into the electric outlet.
WARNING: If power cord has been damaged or malfunctions, discard the pump. DO NOT attempt to repair the pump.
4. After initial operation, check for water leakage from the skimmer body and tubing. If there is any water leakage, stop skimmer operation and repair the leak or return the skimmer to the manufacturer for service.
5. Maintain water level in the column of skimmer at the water level line indicated. Adjust water level by turning the outlet valve.