DES for Aluminum Melting Furnace is a technically advanced system that captures the un- burnt particles and fumes which are generated during melting and other industrial processes. In addition to this, these dust extraction systems are also installed for maintaining a healthy workplace for men working in the manufacturing units by protecting them from hazardous gases and fumes.
- Spark arrester
- Bag filter with explosion vents
- Special device for rotating ducting arrangement in rotary tilting furnace
- Rotary furnace with custom designed suction hood for Control panel
- By pass arrangement for entering ambient air in-to the bag filter, to control the inlet air temperature, with flow controlling damper and temperature sensor
- For three different suction volumes, there is an centrifugal fan with variable speed drive VFD
- Metallic and non-metallic expansion joints & multi-vane dampers
- On startup of rotary furnace, loading of raw material is done automatically
- The full volume suction is considered where the door of furnace is open and it is achieved in around one minute
- In other three minutes, the ventilation shall run at 100%
- The door of furnace is closed after charging and the â€œburning offâ€ hydrocarbons start
- Burner power runs between 30% and 100% and for 10-20 minutes, depending upon the amount of contamination in scrap
- A maximum of 1260 degree of temperature is reached during this process with ventilation run at 80- 100%
- A maximum of 30minutes to 1 hour is required for bringing the furnace temperature at higher level in which the off gas can reduce to 50-80%
- In unloading of liquid aluminum to holding furnace, the ventilation system run at 30%
- At this point, the temperature is not more than 800Â°C with a very low volume flow, resulting in 10% of power
- The ventilation systems now shall run at 100%, during the tilting of rotary furnace & removal of slag from the feeding door
- During the removal, furnace door is completely open, and the slag comes in contact with ambient air where it starts strongly smoking
- This process step further takes 15-30min
Range of possible emissions :
- Dust : up to 1000 mg/m³ / 28.32 mg/ cu.ft.
- Organic carbon : 40 - 60 mg/m³ / 1.13 mg/cu.ft. – 1.70 mg/cu.ft.
- Fluorides : approx. 0.5 – 1.5 mg/m³ / 0.014 mg/cu.ft. - 0.043 mg/cu.ft.
- Chlorides : up to 30 mg/m³ / 0.85 mg/cu.ft.
- NOx : up to 300 mg/m³ / 8.5 mg/cu.ft.
- SO2 : up to 200 mg/m³ / 5.7 mg/cu.ft.
- Reduces manpower by 90%
- Reduces power consumption by 300%
- Increases production capacity by 700%
- Adjustable suction volumes
- Automatic loading of raw materials
- Standby arrangement for temperature control
- Air-tightness at moving joints
Used for :
- Extracting and separating dust from air completely to maximize production efficiency
Application areas :
- Aluminium ingots manufacturing furnace