Cationic polyacrylamide is a kind of high molecular polymeric electrolyte with water-solubility. It has active groups with rather strong positive charge and an effective function of floe collation. It is easily soluble in water and not soluble in some organic solvent like ethanol and acetone. And it is innocuous, colorless, flavorless and easy to absorb damp.
- Economical to use- Effective at very low dosage levels, resulting in reduced handling and storage cost.
- Gravity settling operations attain faster settling of sludge solids and improved supernatant clarity.
- Belt Press benefits through increased filtration rates and drier sludge cakes. Sludge contains less ash when incinerated.
- Centrifuges produce drier sludge cakes, greater throughput, increased solids recovery and clearer centrates.
- Air flotation systems produce clearer underflows, greater throughput and increased float-cake solids.
- Where sand drying beds are employed for sludge dewatering greater bed ladings and faster drying rates are often possible.
Improves solid-liquid separations in the following applications :
- Belt Press of municipal and industrial wastewater sludges and wood pulp suspension.
- Gravity, air flotation or centrifuge thickening of wastewater sludges food wastes and paper fines.
Preparation for Application:This flocculant should be dissolved in water under low agitation to make a 0.01 to 0.05 percent solution. Dissolution should be complete in 60 minutes, but will be faster in warm water. However, avoid temperatures above 500° C. For best results provide further dilution with clean water prior to being fed to the process stream. Avoid turbulent mixing conditions in the process stream after any grade of our cationic flocculants has been added.
For use as:
Typical properties:Chemical composition Appearance: Ionicity: CatiBulk Density ( gr / ml )Effective pH Range: pH of solution ( 250C ): About
Handling:Spilled polymer is very slippery. Spills should be scooped and / or wiped prier to flushing with water. Being highly hygroscopic avoid from exposure to air.